Friday, June 12, 2009

Debugging Your Production JVM

I've been trying to debug an issue in our QA environment for the last few weeks and also to do a presentation next Wednesday to my JUG.

I found a free tool from dev.java.net called Visual VM https://visualvm.dev.java.net/

I found VisualVm to be very useful and has many features that go way beyond jconsole and has most of the features available in a commercial product. I especially like the threads view. I wish I could do remote profiling with VisualVm but I believe that feature is probably not too far in the future. The platform is extensible via a plug-in interface.

This other slide set has some good tuning info as well http://www.slideshare.net/Byungwook/jvm-performance-tunning-1154189

I just found this SlideShare from a JavaOne conference.
This should be a good reference for my 6/17 RJUG Presentation, although there's more to a presentation than just slides, some of them don't go into much detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers